A Challenging Teaser

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

A Challenging Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I will have one more go at winning a 'teaser' then perhaps someone else would like to try to beat the knowledgeable record experts?

My 'teaser' - In which song is Ruby guilty of jilting someone?

I' m not too sure who has answered correctly the most times but I would like to invite Graham to submit a 'teaser' when this teaser has been solved. He has got quite a few points so far. How about it Graham?

Good Luck with the new 'teaser'

Adios Amigos Bernie.

rbl.ca

Post by rbl.ca »

:roll:
Hi, Bernie. I'd have to bet on "Let Him Go, Let Him Tarry".
I think my only advantage on this teaser is the time zone I live in (Ontario, Canada). Otherwise, the other teaser experts would surely have beaten me. But they're all asleep now. Perhaps I'm wrong anyway.
Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Challenging Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ralph,

One could say that she was 'going to marry a far nicer boy' so in one way you are correct, but it's not the song that I have in mind. However, 10 out for 10 for effort. Do you want to have another attempt?

P.S. I fully expect to lose, yet again, but I'm getting used to it. If Graham takes up the invitation to post a 'teaser' perhaps he will fare better than I have done.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Jk

teaser

Post by Jk »

Could this one be "For Give Me My Darling"
Bernie I don't agree with you that Graham has got more right, I think I have that honour. I also got the last one which I did not get a "gold star" for. I also got the the most difficult one you did, which was, In which song did Ruby sing "A Bide With Me".
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Challenging Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

'Forgive Me' John K.

But 'Forgive Darling' is not the song. I will give a clue a little later on. By the way, I think Graham has 5 stars, one of those was for answering Gerald's question/teaser. but you are all STAR pupils. As for me, I haven't won anything up to now - pass the pointed cone hat - and I promise to stay at playtime and fill up the ink wells.

Try again John. Adios Amigo. Bernie.

John Harris

teaser

Post by John Harris »

The answer to the teaser is 'A Message From Jimmy', in which Ruby sings '... My pride and joy is the handsome boy who brought Jimmy's message to me.'
Will send a longer message when time permits. Kindest regards in the meantime to all friends, John H. (Norfolk)

Bernie Burgess

Challenging Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

I didn't need to give any clues did I? - well done John.

In the lyrics of the song her feelings of love and affection were tranferred from Jimmy to the handsome boy who brought 'A Message From Jimmy'.

The harmonica is well featured in the arrangement of this song and it's very similar to the 'Goodbye Jimmy, Goodbye' recording.

Time now for me to invite someone else to submit a 'musical teaser'. I have already suggested that Graham should have the first attempt at beating the very knowledgeable enthusiasts. Second on the list of those posting correct answers is John K. so when Graham's teaser has been solved I will ask him to submit the next teaser.

I hope that everyone viewing the message board finds that posting teasers provides interest, and a certain amount of fun, to Ruby's website. I know that I really enjoy participating. I will first establish whether Graham is a willing participant and await his 'Teaser'

Adios Amigos. Bernie.