New Teaser.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

New Teaser.

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hi.
Bernie has asked me to place a teaser upon the website so I am having a go but I don't think that Iwill fool any of you for long.

Question......Ruby recorded two songs and mentioned the titles of these songs in two different recordings.

Please name the four recordings

Good luck and Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

THe New Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham,

Welcome back after your short break,

I hope that you have a collection of stars to hand out, is there a star for each of the 4 answers? If you are short, I have a few left over, it was a good harvest this year.

Did I ever answer your question about Denmark Street? If I didn't, - yes, it was known as Tin Pan Alley. It was the hub of music and therefor frequented by many many artistes, all looking for good material to either record, broadcast or televise. What a great shame that those days will never come back and the very famous Denmark Street is confined to musical history. There were some really great characters in the publishers' offices and the 'song pluggers' were always very keen to get their songs into the artiste's programmes, or for them to take into the various studios.

When record companies started looking for artistes who wrote their own material, as opposed to songs that were in the music publishers catalogues, the whole scene changed dramtically. Professional song writers simply disappeared and we then had a world of self penned songs and unfortuantely the standard of songs plummeted.

One only has to look at the Euorvision Song Contest to realise what happened to music. At one time it was a well known fact that the professional song writers didn't want to be associated with it. I'm sad to say that music has had to take a back seat in favour of sex and sex appeal and the majority of recordings of today have little or nothing to do with music and all to do with sex, - what a great shame. I must get down off my high horse now as I'm sounding very old and dated.

Having said all of that, I have a sneaking feeling that I have posted a similar opinion somewhere on the message board before.

Good Luck with you 'teaser'

Adios Amigo. Bernie

Graham Bunn

New Teaser

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hi folks,

It seems that quite a few of you have looked into the new teaser question but as yet no answers so I guess it's time for a clue.

Clue.

The four song titles are linked by a "Religious Theme"

Best Of Luck to all
Graham

Jk

teaser

Post by Jk »

I think the songs are . " "Ave Maria" " The Voice In The Choir" " Silent Night" "The Very First Christmas Of All" I will go into hiding if I'M wrong
Regards
John.

Graham Bunn

New Teaser

Post by Graham Bunn »

Well done John,

No need to go into hiding you are correct with all four songs.

Bernie I now know how you feel,it's very difficult to beat the Ruby fans.

Perhaps you will now ask John to put forward a teaser and lets see if he can beat us all.

Did the clue help you John if so I can only award a silver star but if you got it without the clue we may manage a gold star.

Best Wishes
Graham

Jk

Post by Jk »

Graham, I had two sets in mind, my first was the Jimmy songs but did not feel that is what you wanted, then my second set was the one I put on the site, and yes the clue made my mind up. So I think a gold star is the one I should get has it only confirmed what I thought.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

The New Teaser'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

Well done John.

Now it's your turn to post a 'Teaser'. Could I ask you though to please wait until Monday so that the numbers viewing Graham's teaser can swell further over the week-end.

Further to your earlier comments on the number of viewers that look in on the website. It always seems to be very busy indeed. What a pity a few more don't sign in/ log on???

In closing, I'd like to ask our friends/fans to spare a thought for Tim. I looked at the weather conditions nationwide in the U.K. tonight and he has got to drive through it all to get to his engagements. Showbusiness can be very hard when having to battle through in freezing conditions.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

John Harris

Post by John Harris »

I worked out the answers last week (without any clues!) and was looking forward to sending them, but when I got to the library this morning (my first chance to use a computer for several days), I see I have been pipped at the post!
Never mind, I did get the last one right, and will look forward to the next! John H. (Norfolk).