Endearing Young Charms

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Malcolm

Endearing Young Charms

Post by Malcolm »

:?
Does anyone know of the album Endearing Young Charms being available on CD. The song I am looking for is A Little bit of Heaven which does not seem to apear on any available CD's.

Bernie Burgess

Little Bit Of Heaven

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Malcom,

Yes, we can help you with your search. In March of this year there was a celebration release, in recognition of Ruby's world record of having five hit singles in the Top Twenty at the same time. E.M.I. released a 4C.D. boxed set called Ruby Murray - Anthology - 'The Golden Anniversary Collection'. You will not only have the tracks that you are looking for but they will be amongst 100 of Ruby's recordings. It's a super collection and at a very reasonable price. Perhaps your best way of getting the set is on Amazon via the internet. I think that the highest price has been about 15 pounds but prices have been a lot lower so, - take a look.

Under normal circumstances you would be welcomed to the Ruby Murray website by another one of our friends, John K. but I know that he is very busy running up to Christmas. No doubt he will still contact you very soon but I wanted you to get the information that you are looking for so that you could look it up and buy it before the Christmas rush. You will have a very pleasant surprise when you listen to the new release, all the tracks are taken from the original masters and are of studio quality.

Happy Listening, and Happy Christmas. Bernie. (Burgess)

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Malcolm, welcome to our wonderful site, hope you enjoy looking around. I know you will really enjoy what is on this site; I hope you have plenty of time, because it will take you ages to look at everything. About the song you are after, Bernie is quite right, you should buy the new CD “Anthology” it is great, and Amazon is the best bet for you, being in South Africa. While you are on the site, have a look in the “Song Library” go to page 8 and the second song down is what you are looking for, click on the speaker and you can download a small clip of the song. If you need anymore help, just post another message, and we will see what we can do.

Right this is for all our other guest who are constantly on the website, just do what Malcolm has done “Register”, say hello, let us know what you think of the site, it only takes a minuet and it is FREE, so you have nothing to lose.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Just to add to the above, you will find, Malcolm, that all but one of the songs from the LP Album "Endearing Young Charms" are to be found on the Golden Anniversary Collection. This is because they have not been available in good quality direct-from-the-masters on CD before. The missing one is "Let Him Go, Let Him Tarry" and we took the decision to leave this one off the new collection since it is currently available on the "Magic Of Ruby Murray" CD. By leaving it off, a space was made available for another of Ruby's recordings that are otherwise not currently available on CD, and this way it is possible to buy today all of the EMI repertoire on CD. For further details, have a look at my posting entitled "Which song is on Which CD?" further down this list of messages, on Page 2.

I can understand you wanting a copy of "A Little Bit Of Heaven", since this is such a lovely song. I particularly like the part in the middle where Ruby hums an improvisation along with the orchestra.

Welcome to the site, and good hunting for the CD collection.
Gerald