New Home Page

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

New Home Page

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Well the traditional Home Page for Christmas is now with us, but sadly without the falling snow. A change to the Java software has meant that I cannot make the snow fall without getting the software "signed" as being secure, and as it is not my software in the first place, I cannot really do that!

I was hoping to have got the snow to fall on my own computer, and then take a snapshot of it in mid-stream, but even after spending best part of two days investigating it, that too has failed due I think to the current version of Java not working with an old bit of software.

Anyway, all the rest of it is there and I hope you enjoy listening to the five Christmas songs again, as I have just done.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Re: New Home Page

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald,

The home page looks great, even if the snow isn't falling. I have sent a request to Nick at bayfm radio asking him to find a slot for Ruby's 'The Very First Christmas of All' - I hope he will play it before Christmas is over.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Gerald. Well done again on putting the Christmas Page back up I think it looks great even without the snow falling. Just playing all the songs on the tree see my favorite one is at the top.

Has the site been repaired now so we can upload?
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Gerald

I have just logged on after some time and was delighted to see the new home page. It looks really lovely. I am pleased the Christmas present song tracks are still available. I agree it is a shame about the snow fall as that was a nice festive touch but the page still looks great and very welcoming.

Thanks for all your work.

Martin.

Gerald Lawrence

Well doesn't time fly! Here we are a year later and so it is time to bring up the Christmas Home Page. A change of computer plus having to learn Windows 10, and encountering a few problems on the way, meant that for a few hours there was no top picture! :( But I have finally got it sorted, so here it is for you to enjoy again, complete with the songs that Ruby sang at this time of year.

Also a reminder that if you would like a copy of Bernie's book about Ruby, then just click on the link and it will open an email for you to send him.

Happy Christmas everybody! :)
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Thank you for putting the Christmas home page back on, it soon comes around.
I know what you mean about windows 10 can't get use to Microsoft edge.

Happy Christmas.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald,

Great to see the return of the Chrismas theme on the website. Good work Gerald, you deserve a great deal of praise for the time and effort that you put into our wonderful website.
Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY, HEALTHY and PEACEFUL NEW YEAR

hba

Post by hba »

Hello Gerard,
Thanks from me also for putting the Christmas home page back up again. I've just listened to all the songs on the tree.
Merry Christmas to everyone!!
Best Wishes
Henry

Gerald Lawrence

I am pleased that the Christmas page is well-liked. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas for me without it! :D
Gerald