Bay FM celebrates Ruby's world records.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
nickthebottlewasher

Bay FM celebrates Ruby's world records.

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Join me on Sunday afternoon at 4pm GMT on the award-winning Bay 106.4, www.bayfm.co.uk for our regular 2-hour stroll down Memory Lane. Just go to the web page and click once on the large 'Listen Live' button, NOT the little icon at the very top of the page. This will automatically take you to the primary player. Don’t forget to turn the volume on the web page up to your desired level. We’re also available via the ShoutCast website, and the TuneIn website or phone app.
Remember, though, that if you’re within reach of the transmitter here in East Devon, you can tune into 106.4 FM to hear the programme.
This week it will be a ‘Pot Pourri’ of music from a spread of 35 years, with birthday tributes to Kurt Weill, one of the Four Lads, Paul Mauriat, Nancy Whiskey, Hutch and Dennis Lotis, amongst several others, (12 altogether,) plus requests and dedications from you, the listeners, including a little “modern nostalgia,” along with a debutant to the show.
We will also be celebrating the three world records that still belong to Ruby with one of the songs involved - no more clues!
This is the ONLY programme in Devon, and one of the few in the whole country, to provide such a mix of this genre of music!
Hopefully I'll be able to bring back some memories for you, and I'll be giving out gold stars if you remember some of these singers before I tell you who they are. In addition I'll also introduce you to some singers whom you've either forgotten or maybe missed altogether first time around.
Two hours of our sort of music, around 25 songs, without too much chat.
Take care, and I'll speak to you on Sunday - but don't forget, if you can't listen 'live', the programme will be available on 'Listen Again' from the end of the week. Just go to the website, click Listen Again' then click on 'Memory Lane' and choose the date of the programme that you want to hear.
Nick.

1952mgyb

Re: Bay FM celebrates Ruby's world records.

Post by 1952mgyb »

Well done and thanks for the efforts - great station!

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I will be working on the new Home Page this afternoon so I will definitely be listening. I have even set an alarm on my phone to remind me!
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you Nick, that was a very nice tribute. I never tire of hearing Softly, Softly because I remember Ruby's own words when someone asked her if she ever got fed up singing it. She said "Why would I? I have such a lot to be grateful for with that song".
Gerald

nickthebottlewasher

Post by nickthebottlewasher »

Thank you 1952mgyb and Gerald for your kind comments - they really are appreciated.
Ruby will be featuring again next week, as I have a birthday celebration for another artist but have found a song that includes Ruby! :wink: Then of course, we have Ruby's birthday coming up as well, that's the next two programmes taken care of. :lol:
If anybody else from this forum does tune in, please let me know so that I can give you a mention.
Take care,
Nick.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Nick.

I'd like to underline the fact that I personally appreciate the Air time that you are giving to Ruby. Sometimes It is rather difficult for me to listen in on Sunday, due to the fact that my nephew picks me up and takes me to their home for the weekend, which I am grateful for. However when I know that you are going to play one of Ruby's tracks I take a rain cheque/check and stay on my computer. Thanks in advance for the up coming plays, at the risk of pushing my luck too far - Ruby's "It's a Great Day For The Irish' would ideally suited to St. Patrick's Day. - March 17th.

I send you my very best wishes and hope that all goes well with your hospital visits.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.