RIP Ronnie Carroll.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Don Wearmouth

RIP Ronnie Carroll.

Post by Don Wearmouth »

Always remember, many years ago, Ruby introduced me to him, at Great Yarmouth I think, telling him I was her very first fan "over here" - always proud of that acholade!

Gerald Lawrence

Re: RIP Ronnie Carroll.

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I am sorry to read this Don. If I remember correctly, his named was romantically linked with Ruby at one point, although we all know that the best man won!

I liked Ronnie Carroll's voice, but I also remember that he had kind of staring eyes that made it a bit spooky for me as a young lad.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Thanks Gerald for your complimentary comment. I'm none too sure that Ronnie Cleghorne and Ruby were romantically linked, if they were it was short lived. Ronnie was a compulsive gambler, he was renowned for it. He gave quite a lot of his money to sick animals but he didn't know they were sick when he backed them.

There was someone else who was 'supposedly' linked romantically with Ruby, I can't think of his name at this moment but he was supposed to be linked with Romanies and he wore an earing - Got it , , , Danny Purchase. There never was a link there but he gained a great deal of publicity at the time. There was also a hint that Ruby 'liked' Val Doonican, which I wouldn't blame her for because what a handsome man Val was and Irish to boot.

Has anyone noticed that right now the viewing figures for the unveiling of the Plaque is not too far away from 70-000.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys. I had not heard this sad news but may he rest in peace.