A couple of photos

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
1952mgyb

A couple of photos

Post by 1952mgyb »

http://michaelcooper.org.uk/C/audreyj.htm

there's a couple of photos of Ruby with the actress Audrey Jeans if you scroll down the page of this link. Are these in the library?

Somewhere in this site it also mentions that Ronnie Carrol was spotted by Rubys father. If all this is known already apologies.

Jk

Re: A couple of photos

Post by Jk »

Hi thanks for the link, I have had a look through all the photos on the site and cannot find the pictures that are on the link. I have seen these before and sure they are around somewhere, obviously I did not open all the photos I just looked at all the headings. I have now put the photos on the site. Thanks again for the info.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Some nice photos amongst them.. I have a few of them in my collection but not all. I'll go through them and check them out.

Audrey appeared quite frequently on Ruby's Variety bills because they had the same agent - Keith Devon. Ruby and I, and Audrey, her husband and her Mother became close friends whilst Ruby was touring in Variety. I think I recall that Audrey lived in Epsom which wasn't all that far from Oxshott so we socialized with Audrey and her family.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Looking at the photos of Ruby and Jean the word that springs to mind is 'elegance'....as someone who grew up in the 60s with only hazy memories of the 50s it strikes me that as with all 'progress' there are gains and losses. Elegance seems to have all but vanished.

David

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I agree, elegance has all but disappeared, that goes not only in outward looks but attitudes too. As for dress, it's very common these days for passengers on flights, international or domestic, to wear scruffy jeans, many of them in tatters, a sight that is quite common these days. The attitude is quite apparent, "Let's tear down all barriers". not only of dress but language too. As a member of a once honourable profession I weep to see the way that 'elegance' has been obliterated in entertainment. We have now heard unadulterated obscenity taking the place of good clean family entertainment. It gives me the impression that purity (elegance) has to be abolished and in it's place filth, crudity and foul mouthed entertainment has completely taken over the entire entertainment industry.

I'll now climb down from my soapbox.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi there,

Thank you for including this link. I do like the pictures of Ruby and Audrey, both beautiful, classy, talented ladies. I also enjoyed reading all the tv appearances and dates etc, some sharing the bill with Ruby. It is such a shame these are probably long ago deleted.

Yes friends, you are so right with your comments about the entertainment industry today. It's very sad.