Ruby radio Plays

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
vintagecol

Ruby radio Plays

Post by vintagecol »

I had Ruby as featured artist during April, when I played 4 recordings every Sunday - A total of 16 songs. I would have posted this info earlier but it took a while to register for the Forum. It is still possible to catch up with the last shows of the month. It's Vintage Vinyl on BBC Tees 95FM, DAB in North East England and Worldwide at http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctees Select "Listen Again" and choose a still available Sunday in April. I'm sure I'll be playing many more of Ruby's wonderful recordings in the future. The show covers music from the 1940s to the 70s and is broadcast Sunday 2 - 5pm UK time.
All the best. Colin Bunyan

vintagecol

Re: Ruby radio Plays

Post by vintagecol »

I have just checked the BBC Tees website and unfortunately, the only Vintage Vinyl still available on the BBC iPlayer for April is Sunday 26th and it's only there for 3 more days.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Welcome to the Forum Colin, I am pleased we got there in the end. It is good to know that people like you and Nick are pleased to play Ruby's recordings to your audiences.

It is a pity we have missed the April shows, but let us hope that now you are active here, we will be able to catch any forward planning for another Ruby vinyl extravaganza! By the way, was there any feedback from listeners in your area that would be worth posting here?
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Bernie has alerted me to the information that Colin played and talked about Ruby on his programme yesterday. I have just had a listen via the catch-up service and it is very good. He talks not just about Ruby but also Bernie and plays one of their favourite recordings as well as one by Ruby.

If you drop in Colin, please accept my grateful thanks for your interest in playing Ruby's records on the air.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald.

I hope that friends/fans will look up the LISTEN AGAIN on BBC TEESIDE - 'VINTAGE VINYL' and find last Sunday's edition to hear Colin for themselves. He does Ruby proud by playing two tracks with his accompanying chat. It's very good listening.

1952mgyb

Post by 1952mgyb »

Yes excellent station as is Nick Muir on Bay FM. Both worth a listen. Requests are available as well.