Greetings to Ruby's Friends/Fans

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Greetings to Ruby's Friends/Fans

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends,

Another Chrismas has come and gone. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish ALL of Ruby's fans/friends A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR. I have some more unseen photos of Ruby but I need to go through the entire collection to check that there are not any dulicates but because of the busy time of the year I will have to do the checking when I return from a Winter Holiday. Ubelievably, we are still waiting for the Befast City Council to arrive at the naming of the local park in Ruby's old neighbourhood. I was given to understand that all the work was complete and that the Council have taken over the development and that the naming was iminent but we still have to wait for them to get around to the voting. It's been a very frustrating time for me but the wheels of government turn slowly, most times VERY slowly.

1952mgyb

Re: Greetings to Ruby's Friends/Fans

Post by 1952mgyb »

Happy New Year to all. It would be nice if the media realised the potential of Ruby's story and did a documentary or something in 2016. The backdrop of the 50s would make it really interesting.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Happy New Year to you all. Also wishes from the Guinness Book Of records.

Hello John,

Happy New Year to you as well. I wish you and everyone associated with the Ruby Murray website a very happy and healthy 2016.

I visit the website periodically to keep up to date with Ruby-related news and I'm delighted to see that the Guinness World Records certificates feature prominently on the homepage. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you hear about any more potentially record-worthy achievements by Ruby.

Best wishes,

Matthew
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

I fly to Sunny Spain on Wednesday -Jan 6th for a winter break. I shall return on Feb.3rd. I will then tackle the task of going through all the photos of Ruby in the Library to establish which of the new unseen photos are duplicates. It's quite a task but when I have established which of those to be posted I'll send them to Gerald for posting because i haven't got the required facility to do it myself.

Adios Amigos.