Home Page changes

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Re: Musical homepage.

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Sandy wrote:I found the presents on the homepage did you? :D
Is anybody going to answer Sandy - if you just ignore her, she might go away, and we don't want that!
Gerald

rbl.ca

Presents on Home Page

Post by rbl.ca »

OK, Gerald, I'll answer Sandy's question.

After I first saw the Christmas tree, I inadvertently moused over one of the gifts, and saw the pop-up, but I didn't open the presents until I saw Sandy's message. Of course, I was delighted to find 5 of Ruby's best Christmas songs.
Again, Gerald, your wizardry amazes me. Did you teach yourself how to do this, or were you formally taught all about html, etc.?

Merry Christmas.
Ralph

spudmurph

home page changes

Post by spudmurph »

Hi Gerald

I didn't find the presents on the tree until I saw them mentioned by Sandy. That is absolutely fantastic - lovely surprise. I am suitably impressed by your prowess with the computer - as one who uses the computer everyday. I could never do anything like that in a month of Sundays. Thanks very much.
Kathleen

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you Kathleen and Ralph, it was just confirmation I was after, but you are kind with your words.

To answer your question, I taught myself to use Microsoft Front Page Express while at work, in order to provide people in my company with information about the many standards meetings that I was then attending on behalf of the company (Marconi Communications). Then after retiring, I obtained a copy of Dreamweaver, which is an amazing aid to website design, and taught myself how to use that. So I only occasionally get involved with the html coding. There are still many more areas to explore, but each time I try something new, I am quite nervous when I upload it to Timmer's server. I always have a file ready called "panic standby" which is the last known working Home Page, so that I can quickly revert to that if trouble arises!!

However, this time, I discovered that not everybody could see the snow, so I was wondering if anybody had found my secret presents. When only Sandy commented, I though there might be a problem, but thanks to you two I know that a few people other than me can see them.

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Gerald Lawrence on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Gerald,

I can see the presents and open them. I didn't realise what they were at first so what a great surprise to hear all of Ruby's Christmas songs together, especially "The very first Christmas of all".

Thanks for all your hard work.

Martin. :)