A Song for Father's Day

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

A Song for Father's Day

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Yesterday, 21st June was Father's Day. I have just had a telephone call from a life-long fan of Ruby's called David Mathieson who lives near St Helen's and he was successful in getting BBC Radio Merseyside to play Ruby's recording of "Dear Daddy".
Through the magic of the internet, we can listen again to the show (although sadly those not in the UK cannot do this, sorry Bernie and Ralph). If you click on this link it will take you to the show, presented by Maureen Walsh.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... 1_06_2009/
This uses BBC iPlayer. Start the show playback, then you can slide the timer slider forward to read 36 minutes. Shortly after that come the dedications and then the song itself.
Thank you David for letting me know about this, and I hope those of you that can find their way to this lovely song will enjoy hearing it being broadcast on radio.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Re: A Song for Father's Day

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Well done David Matheson for accomplishing air time for 'Dear Daddy'. I send him my best wishes. David has been a devoted Ruby Murray fan right from the very start of Ruby's career, he is in very good company here on the website.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Re: A Song for Father's Day

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Excellent work! Always great to hear Ruby on the radio. It has been very quiet on here this past few weeks so this news is much appreciated.

Martin ;-)