An Easy Teaser

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

The Teaser Interest.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends,

The 'Teaser' idea seems to have caused quite a lot of interest and as one winner said 'It is a good way of insuring that everyone listens to the tracks.' Well, that wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I started it off but it is a good thought. However, it has been suggested that others might be invited to think up 'teasers' and place them on the message board. Because I do not want to see my name monopolizing the message board I think that we could give the idea a try.

If we took it turns to place a 'teaser' it could avoid a flood coming all at once. Seeing as Gerald put foward the suggestion perhaps he would nominate friends in turn and therefore control the 'game'? Should there be any objections to this little scheme, or any thoughts that it might clog up the system, please vent your feelings via the message board, or even to Gerald?

I cannot resist one last try before handing over. -

(In which song) - How many long years did Ruby have to wait - in vain?

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

teaser

Post by Jk »

Could that be "Scarlet Ribbons" If I live to be 200 I will never Know from where .
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

The latest 'teaser'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

John,

Nice idea John, but not the song I am looking for. No clues at this stage. I am amazed that the number of viewers for this last one is now over 160 and counting.

I hope that you will have another try John. Best wishes.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Ruby waited 50 years with her Ma and Da and Uncle Bill living with her in "50 Years Ago".

"...and they're living with us still" she complains.

Would that be the one, Bernie?

Regarding my gold star, the answer is "No, I didn't think the clue helped at all". But then, I would say that, wouldn't I?

To follow up on your suggestion, I think it would be great for others to set some teasers. However, I am not sure I can control the game, not through lack of trying, but because I plan to be away for about 10 days, and then for longer a bit later in the year. I think we must just ask that people wait to set a teaser until the one which is current has been guessed, and that will make it all nice and tidy.

I cannot resist a comment about Brian's answers to your earlier ones - I don't think I have laughed quite as much for a long time as I did when I read your answers! Great stuff, you are a natural comedian!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

The Easy Teaser.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald.

Okay, I will award you the two gold stars that are outstanding, send me your work book.

I too laughed at the contributions from Brian - the wordsmith.

Regarding the participation on the teaser idea. It is possible that once the current one has been guessed there might be several submissions sent in at the same time, creating confusion. Perhaps it would be best for me to hold the fort until your return. Unless of course someone else would like to take the driver's seat?

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

The Current Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Gerald;

Back to losing ways I'm afraid Gerald - it isn't from 'Fifty Years Ago'. No family members are involved in this one.

It would narrow things down if I said that the words 'long years' would lead you in the right direction.

Where is Graham?

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

The Current Teaser.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I notice that there has not been a great deal of response to the current 'teaser'. It could be that it is somewhat concealed, so I will bring it more to everyones' notice and perhaps add a small clue.

Which Song? = How many long years did Ruby wait - in vain?

There was plenty of water around.

I was delighted to see that the original teaser has been viewed by 590 viewers, amazing.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Is it Connemara By The Lake Bernie?

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

And for 5 long years she had to wait?

Bernie Burgess

The Answer to the Teaser.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

Bullseye! = "For 5 long years I've had to wait, but now you come at last - too late"

I am running out of gold stars but I shall reserve one for you- well done.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Well done, Martin! If you hadn't been up so late last night, I would have got it. I woke up this morning with the words "five long years" ringing in my ears, and I was pretty sure it was Connemara, but thought I would just listen to it again this morning. Then I thought I had better just check to see if anyone else had got it - and found your message.

Don't hold your breath for the gold star, though.....there seems to be a shortage in Spain just at the moment.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

The Answer to the 'Teaser'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

I really do sympathize with Gerald over the shortage of gold stars but I would like to point out that they are not in season at the moment, but, weather conditions permitting, there should be a glut of them shortly so I will be able rectify the situation.

Oh ye of little faith! Adios Amigos. Bernie.