Thanks for welcoming me.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
David

Thanks for welcoming me.

Post by David »

I first heard Ruby's music about five years ago. I very much enjoy the music of the US and UK female pop singers of the 1950's and 1960's. I am always keeping my ears open for singers I have not heard before, or songs that I have not heard from singers I already know. I believe the first Ruby CD I purchased was "The Magic Of," which I enjoyed very much. I now have most of her CDs that are available, and have ordered the "Anthology" as well as "It's the Irish In Me," which I can't wait to receive. I am sure I will have questions and comments and look forward to being part of the discussion on this very informative site.

Bernie Burgess

Another Welcome Message to David

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello David,

I know that John (J.K.) has already spoken for us all in connection with welcoming you to the R.M. website but I would like to add my welcoming thoughts too.

It is always good to hear from interested viewers/listeners from across the world. I am sure you will enjoy the new C.D.s that you have ordered, they really are good in quality of sound, as well as the way they are presented. Quite a few of us on the website have made contributions, of one kind or another, to those C.D.s and we are all thrilled with the outcome. Look out for another C.D. that came out a couple of months or so ago on the President label, it's called 'Change Your Mind' I am not plugging it from a sales point of view, it's simply because there are some very good tracks on it and, like EMI, they have used the original sound tracks.

Any questions you might have will be answered by any of us, at anytime.

Happy Listening, Adios Amigo. Bernie.

David

Post by David »

Bernie - Thank you for your response. I purchased the "Change Your Mind" CD a few months ago, and I enjoy it very much. I am going to have to wait a bit to receive my copy of "It's the Irish In Me," as it is on backorder at Amazon.co.uk. I'm surprised that a recently-released CD would not be immediately available, but who knows why these things happen.

Bernie Burgess

Another Welcome

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello David,

Regarding your comment in connection with the Irish CD. It was a complete surprise to all of us when the Irish CD appeared on Amazon. It seemed so strange that they (EMI) allowed it to come into competition with the 4CD boxed set. At one time I was told that the CD should not have gone to Amazon and the person I spoke to said that he would look into why it got there. Who knows, perhaps there is some kind of conflict of interests???

I do hope that you will stay with us David, it's good to have input from countries across the world. Don't forget, take up the offer of any questions that you would like to ask.

Best wishes, Adios Amigo. Bernie.