The Ruby Murray Plaque.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

The Ruby Murray Plaque.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

You are all aware of the many delays with the installation of the plaque in Belfast. The last one was due to the fact that The Ulster Hall went through a period of renovation and when I tried to seccure a date for the Tribute Show to coincide with the unveiling of the plaque, I was told that, because there was a back log of commitments in connection with bookings for the hall, there were no dates available this year.

In the meantime, someone tried to jump the gun and was arranging for the Lord Mayor of Belfast to unveil the plaque on October 15th to link up with the re-opening of the Hall. I had to hurriedly make contact to point out that October l5th might be far too short a notice for everyone concerned to make arrangements to be present. Fortunately I was successful and the powers that be told me that they were prepared to be flexible about the date. Now, because the Hall is not available, arrangements have been put back yet again so that it now is possible it could coincide with Ruby's birthday next year. I hope that this will be the final delay and that all will be in place next year. I will notify via the message board when everything is seccured.

Adios Amigos. Bernie

Sandy

Unveiling of plaque

Post by Sandy »

Good news Bernie! I would dearly love to see that.