Canada

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
mal macleod

Canada

Post by mal macleod »

I've just spent 5 weeks in Canada and USA and was pleased to see one of Ruby's CDs for sale in the main HMV store in Toronto. It was the double Irish CD and was prominently displayed.
Keep up the good work on the site - although I dont make much contact I follow all the correspondence with great interest.

David

Canada

Post by David »

In New York City, where I used to live and still work, I have seen Ruby's CDs most often in the Virgin Megastores. I have also seen them in the past in Tower Records. HMV used to sell them, but alas, they have closed all their US locations. That is too bad, since they always had a good selection of CDs from the UK and their prices averaged a dollar less per CD than Virgin or Tower.

There is a good local store called J&R Music World, but I have not been there in a couple years as I no longer work in that area of town. They have (or at least had) the best prices of any music store in New York. If anyone on this board is ever in New York City, I would recommend visiting J&R to stock up on CDs.

Footlight Records also always had Ruby's CDs available. A couple of months ago they closed their retail store, and they are now an online orders-only operation. I purchased CDs by many UK artists, such as Kathy Kirby and Alma Cogan, at their store. Their website is worth checking out, since they have an extensive selection of vocalists from the US and the UK from every era.