Welcome to the new and improved Ruby Murray web site

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Timmer
Site Admin

Welcome to the new and improved Ruby Murray web site

Post by Timmer »

Welcome!

This is the new message board area. I am sure you will all like it much more than the old one. (I'll save the old messages, though, for future reference.)

I apologize that you have to re-register but this will be the last time. (I promise.) It only takes a moment.

John Kendall

New Site

Post by John Kendall »

Well done Tim, this is a wonderful job you have done on the site, It looks good, and nice and fresh.
Best Wishes,
John

Gerald Lawrence

New Home Page Goes Live!

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Tim has chosen to change the message board on the same day that I have changed the Home Page, so here is the message which I posted to the old Message Board (which at the time of writing, you can still get to by clicking on the word Messages at the bottom of the Home Page).

"Hi folks,
for those of you who come straight to this page, this is to let you know that we now have a new Home Page. Tim Burleson has very kindly allowed me to make modifications to the website which he so graciously created for us all to enjoy, and I have taken the opportunity to reflect the major event of this year with a few changes to colour and content. Please do let me know if you have any problems, as I must admit to being a bit adventurous for my first public website and it may not all work!

Thanks again Timmer for all you have done in the past, and I hope you enjoy seeing your "baby" as it grows and develops, and that you can feel proud that I am following in your footsteps."

I have met this new type of Message Board in other forums (or should that be fora?) and I agree, it gives a fresh appearance to the site, and is a much improved one over the old one, which has served us well. I am delighted to have been given the new Message Board as an "honour" (to use the English way of spelling it!) Many thanks Tim.

In case you haven't noticed it, may I also draw your attention to the News page, which I am using to carry the running theme of what was happening in the charts during these months, fifty years ago.
Gerald

John Harkness

New site

Post by John Harkness »

Congratulations on the new site and all the best of luck with it for the future! I couldn't believe my eyes when I first came on line this morning. It's absolutely brilliant -- Well done.

John

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Gerald,
Congratulations on a wonderful new opening to the "Message Board",you have brought it right up to date and made it topical for the year 2005.
I like the idea of having the five items of sheet music to represent the five hits that Ruby had in the charts in 1955 and to hear a snipet from each recording is indeed a bonus.

I can't believe that Fifty years have gone by because to me each song still sounds as fresh and wonderful as it did in 1955.

Thank you so much for your hard work Gerald it is because of people like you that the memory and love that we all have for Ruby stays alive and I know her work will be enjoyed for many more years to come because of your interest I'm sure all her fans appreciate what you have done.

Best Wishes
Graham

Gerald Lawrence

Many thanks, Graham, for your kind words, but let us also include the work that Tim has done on the new Forum - I just did the new Home Page. Together we have created a fresh new look to the website, and as you say, it is timed to coincide with the Golden Anniversary celebrations. If only Ruby had been alive now I am sure she would have appreciated it.

John, your reaction is precisely the one we had hoped for! Thank you.
Gerald

Post by Guest »

:D
What a great job you have done to the web site. It is lively, up to date and eyecatching! Paricularly like the the song sheets and song clips at the top. I'm sure that it will attract many new 'old' fans to the site. Well done indeed.
Any progress on the 4 CD set? Although have probably already got most of the songs on other CDs, having a special set will make it so much easier to listen. And what is the latest on the biography Bernie? Hope that is proceeding well too.
In the meantime keep up the good work and regards to all fans from the Outer Hebrides of Scotland![/quote]

Bernie Burgess

Congratulations to Timmer and Gerald

Post by Bernie Burgess »

On my return from holiday I logged onto the website and saw for the first time the exciting changes that have taken place. Both Timmer and Gerald have completely revitalized the entire site in a remarkable way. The timing couldn't have been better, with the release of the 4 CD set due next month (March 21st, that is the official date, straight from EMI). I am quite sure that all friends and fans will join me in congratulating both of the stalwarts for their ingenuity, their dedication and the time they have devoted to create the improvements, - Well Done, both of you.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

mal macleod

New and improved site

Post by mal macleod »

Not sure how my previous message ended up 'from a guest' but just to reiterate all I said about the great changes to the site - absolutely excellent!
Going to look up the Amazon page now and order the CD set if posted there.
Regards to all
Mal Macleod

Timmer
Site Admin

Re: New and improved site

Post by Timmer »

mal macleod wrote:Not sure how my previous message ended up 'from a guest' but just to reiterate all I said about the great changes to the site - absolutely excellent!
Going to look up the Amazon page now and order the CD set if posted there.
Regards to all
Mal Macleod
Kindly let me know if it is. I'd like to pre-order. Thanks!

Gerald Lawrence

The Golden Anniversary Week is Next Week

The main reason for suggesting to Timmer changing the Home Page, and then being allowed to do it, was to celebrate this year being the 50 year anniversary for Ruby's record achievement, which as most will know took place the week ending the 18th March. By a remarkable coincidence, next week also ends on Friday 18th March. I find it very nostalgic to remember what I was doing in that week in 1955, and thinking about all the thousands of people who at that time were visiting their local record shops, and asking to buy one or more Ruby Murray records.

I will put something appropriate on the News page at the end of the week, since it was not until after the week had finished that we knew which artists were in the Top Twenty.

Happy Memories!
Gerald