Easy "Jimmy" teaser from Canada

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
rbl.ca

Easy "Jimmy" teaser from Canada

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi everybody.

Having just obtained Ruby's Anthology, and having previously bought "Best of Ireland" (CDs I and II), I've noticed that Ruby sang several songs about "Jimmy". Since I spent several months chasing documentation about the professional relationship between Ruby & my friend Jimmy McGarry, I can't help but wonder if Ruby thought of my friend when singing these songs (apologies to Bernie for making this suggestion).
So, the question is : "In which songs does Ruby express her interest in Jim or Jimmy?"

I know the expert fans will wrap this up in less than an hour.

Ralph :lol: :wink:
Last edited by rbl.ca on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbl.ca

My teaser

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi all.

OK, I guess my teaser is of no interest to anyone but me.
I'll leave it here for another day then, if still no response, I'll delete it.

Cheers. Ralph

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I can think of four -

1. Goodbye Jimmy, Goodbye
2. A Message From Jimmy
3. Jimmy Unknown
4. (Oh Please) Make Him Jealous

I can't speak for others, but I have been a bit busy today. I have been helping Bernie with some photographs for his book, hence not logging on to spot your teaser.

Don't be disheartened, Ralph. This is a very quiet season. Not a single person has reacted to my own posting of my story of a visit to Belfast, but I can see that several people have read it, so that is what matters. I am a member of a couple of other fora, and there you find people "chat". However, on this Forum, you will find that apart from the usual members, there are a lot of silent members and guests. As long as they find something interesting and keep coming back to see what we are saying, then so be it!
Gerald

rbl.ca

"Jimmy" Teaser

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Gerald.

You got them all as far as I know. I thought I might catch a few readers on "Make Him Jealous" since it didn't make it into the Anthology.

Good for you, and thanks. I thought it had flopped.

Best regards.
Ralph

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Ralph, sorry for not noticing your teaser, I had got distracted with my bit of fun with Graham, so please accept my apologies. I agree with Gerald, it can get a bit quite at times, and as I am on the site a lot I notice people coming on and off. We have not had a lot of members on in the last two weeks, but we have had quite a lot of Guest, but they cannot give an opinion without first be coming a member.

About the teaser yes it had to be (Oh Please) Make Him Jealous) because Ruby does not express her love in the others. Goodbye Jimmy she sings “Stop you’re roaming and come home to me”. And in Message from Jimmy, she falls for the guy who brought her the message, and in “Jimmy Unknown” she hasn’t a clue who it will be. And in “Please make him Jealous” I’m dancing with Johnnie but looking at Jim

Any how Ralph Gerald gets the gold star for that, and please keep your messages coming in, we do read them. What you must also realize you might have been on a winner, and no one new the answer. You have had 53 view.

I have put the words to Goodbye Jimmy in the lyrics section for anyone interested.
Regards
John.