Wedding Anniversary Day

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Wedding Anniversary Day

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Today was a very special day for me, it was the 49th anniversary of our wedding. This means of course that Ruby and I would have been entering our 50th year of marriage. It would have been a real GOLDEN celebration following up on so many other Golden events that we have all shared in the previous months.

As I say in the book "IF ONLY?"

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

P.S I fly back to Spain on Friday so I will be connecting up and logging on.

rbl.ca

Anniversary

Post by rbl.ca »

Hello, Bernie.

It would have been wonderful, for you and for all of Ruby's fans, if things had gone better for Ruby and if you and Ruby had still been together to celebrate this anniversary.

Damn the bottle !!

Best wishes. Ralph
Last edited by rbl.ca on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ralph.

I have litterally just arrived back in my new apartment in Albir (Spain) I am sat staring at my entire life which is scattered around me in large numbers of cardboard boxes. My priorities were to open my mail, curse all the bills, listen to telephone messages. respond to them and then to unpack my computer and try to remember all the various connections so that I could read my emails. There doesn't appear to be any smoke coming from the apparatus so I am hoping I have got everything in the right sockets.

Thank you for responding to my posting in connection with August 23rd. I really appreciate your kind comments.

More when life returns to normal.

Adios Amigo. Bernie (...Now which of these boxes did I pack the kettle?)

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

There is only one thing suitable for the occasion - "Congratulations" on what might have been. I am sure that all the fans here would have wished you both all the best. I often think the words "If Only" in connection with Ruby. Bernie will remember the first time he invited Rosemary and me to his place in Spain, and we went to the village of Altea to have some afternoon tea. We sat at a table for four, and the three of us just stared at the empty chair.....

Well done in getting your computer back on the air so quickly - it is good to have you back on the website, to join the few of us that take the time to post interesting things here for us all to read.
Gerald