Ruby - on T.V.?

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Ruby - on T.V.?

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

I picked up rather a strange piece of information recently. I have been told that back in England there is a T.V. show, presented by an ageing American singer (the description suggests someone like Bobby Vinton of someone from the same era). The programme features recording artistes from yesteryear and, amongst others, Ruby is featured. Apparently her photo is the first to appear.

Can anyone varify this story, or know anything at all about it. Seeing as I live in foreign parts, I am out of touch with British television.

Adios Amigos. Bernie

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

I hope you are well and also all other fellow fans watching. Just to let you know that I have scanned the Radio Times and I can't find any trace of the programme you mention. If it is genuine I am sorry to have missed it.

There is a programme on Granada TV called "The way we were" in which memebers of the public reminisce about the 1950s which shows archive footage of the period, but so far I have not spotted Ruby on there. It seems to be more focussed on the rock 'n' roll side of things.

Well good luck in your quest and look forward to hearing if anybody else has managed to catch Ruby on TV!

Best wishes.

Martin.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin.

It was very good of you to search for the television show that I have heard vaguely about. I have looked up Bobby Vinton (he of 'Blue Velvet' fame) on the net and he seems to be a likely candidate as presenter but that is as far as I can get.

I must try to recall where I picked up the story and recap on the details. There is a chance that Brian Henson will have some knowledge of it, if it exists, but he is in the States at the moment. I will give him a call when he gets back. Gerald is also away, in Jersey, he might be able to trace the programme as well. Nice to know that you, as the youngest member of the team, are still keeping abreast of movement on the website, keep up the good work Martin.

My very best wishes, Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I have received an email from J.K. telling that he has seen part of a television programme, he missed the opening, and he seems to think that this could be the programme that I refer to. He has scanned the current television listings for next week but no mention of another edition. John suggests that due to a football match being screened it might be nudged out of the frame and perhaps might be included the following week.

Fingers crossed.

Adios Amigos, Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

I have now been able to check all next weeks listing on TV, and I can't find anymore programs that might be to do with the 50s other than the one Marin mentioned. I have checked all the freeview channels too. I will keep on checking for a few week and post any message that I think Ruby might be on.
Regards
John.