Martin's Teaser!

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Martin's Teaser!

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi fellow fans,

Hope you are all well and fine and getting in the festive mood.

Here is my first ever teaser. In which song is Ruby feeling exceptionally happy?

I expect I will be inundated with lots of replies saying it could apply to any number of tracks but I don't want to make it too easy for you stalwarts! :)

Looking forward to some festive fun!

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Martin, I did say to Don I would not do anymore teaser after I got his, so that everyone gets a chance, and I have had my share of chances. BUT, I am going to have just one go at this, and then I have finished for a while.

My choice is a very lovely song, sung beautifully by Ruby. Ain’t That A Grand And Glorious Feeling” It is probably wrong, but like you said it could be one of a few, but it was the first song that came into my head and I always go with that.

Good Luck hope you get a good response,
All the best for Christmas.
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi John,

Hope you are well. Thanks for the reply. Yes that is a lovely song and Ruby puts her all into it as usual. Sorry it is not the one I am thinking of though so better luck next time.

Best wishes for Christmas!

Bernie Burgess

Martin's Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

I expected that there might be a rush on this 'Teaser' but everyone is scratching their bonnets at the moment. I have an idea though which I will post later.

Adios Amigo Bernie
Last edited by Bernie Burgess on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bernie Burgess

Martin's Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,

I think you have fans puzzling on this one. I will have a guess, although I suspect my guess might come into the category as an 'also ran'

'You Are My Sunshine" ......my only sunshine, You make me HAPPY when skies are grey. ??????

Happy Christmas Martin. Adios Amigo. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

Good answer but sorry you are also wrong. :lol:

I think a small clue is in order as I may have been too vague in my question so here goes. Ruby is singing about something that she is experiencing for the first time...Also, I always get the impression that she is feeling a bit smug when I listen to her singing this particular song.

So good luck Bernie and all you other guys.

:)

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin.

GOT IT!, - Perhaps I should leave posting the answer until some more answers come in.

I promise that I will be honest if I have got it wrong but I am feeling a little 'smug' myself at solving the question.

Happy hunting fans.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Martin,

I will have a try and go for "That Look In My Eye"

Best Wishes
Graham

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

If you are wrong Graham, then I would suggest "I'll be as happy as can be when I marry Johnny Gray".

Good teaser, Martin.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

HI guys,

Thanks for all your replies. Bernie and Gerald, I am very sorry to say you are both wrong but extremely good guesses and of course both could be correct. Gerald, "Johnny Gray" is one of my favourites. It is a shame that Ruby never recorded that track in a studio but the live version is great.

Graham, I am very pleased to say that you are correct and you are the winner of my first teaser. The song is actually "That look in my eye". I am sending you a gold star immediately and to all the rest of you better luck next time. :)

The clues I gave were as follows:-

Ruby was feeling very happy which is very evident in this song.

Ruby was singing about something that was new to her (ie, "Which just goes to show what a first love can do")

And Ruby was feeling pretty smug which I personally feel comes across quite strongly in this lovely song. In a nice appealing way of course.

Please feel free to add any comments on what is a great track and one of many favourites of mine.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hello again guys,

I have just realised that I was not supposed to reveal the answer just yet but rather wait for some more replies to come in so sorry for being premature but it is hard for me not to get excited where Ruby songs are concerned.

Also I hope that Bernie will not mind me revealing that his guess was "Let him go, let him tarry" which is another fine song. It is interesting that of the two recrodings Ruby made of this particular track, the live version which is the later track is the one that contains the original Irish verses as written by Irish singer Delia Murphy (Also featured in the "Songbirds" TV series). The earlier 1958 version contains new verses that I have only ever heard Ruby sing. Of course both are very good in their own way. Can anybody shed any light on this? Also does anybody have a favourite version? Mine is the 1958 version although I do prefer the traditional verses.

Thanks and sorry to write an essay.

Martin. :)

Bernie Burgess

Martin's Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

Well, I no longer feel smug, I was wrong, even though both clues were contained in 'Let Him Go...' In the lyric Ruby sings that she is ' ... happy as the birds in the trees' and she is smug when she sings ' he can go and get another, which I hope he will enjoy. for I'm going to marry a far nicer boy'

I am happy to bow out gracefully and concede vistory to Graham.

Well done Martin ..... a good 'un

Adios Amigos. Bernie.