New Year Greetings to Everyone

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

New Year Greetings to Everyone

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

It is now five minutes past midnight and I want to be the first in this brand new year to greet everyone connected to the website a very

HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR.
It has certainly been a year to remember with pride.

Good Luck my Friends. Adios Amigos, Bernie,

Sandy

Happy New Year!

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Bernie! All the best in the New Year to you too! And to everyone.

Out of interest, has anyone from this site managed to bag this expensive sheet music from Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Click the underlined web address Bernie.
SAndy

rbl.ca

Happy 2007

Post by rbl.ca »

Hello, Bernie.

Happy New Year to you, and all my new friends on this website.

Best wishes for 2007, and for many years to come.

Ralph

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Sandy wrote: Out of interest, has anyone from this site managed to bag this expensive sheet music from Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1
I did my best, but was beaten at the last moment by the only other bidder, located in USA. I have sent an e-mail to that person asking if we could have a copy, but so far there has been no reply.

I can't get over how young Ruby looks in the photograph. This is going to prove to be another mystery song, so now we appeal to Brian - can you have a word with your friend (the one who provided us with Lucky Star) to see if he knows anything about it?
Gerald

rbl.ca

Never Never Land (as on eBay)

Post by rbl.ca »

I've been trying to figure out how and when Ruby might have sung this song.
The cover of the sheet music says "Featured on television by Ruby Murray". The seller dates the copyright at 1951. I've scoured both Joan Moules' book and Bernie's book for for a clue as to the show in which Ruby would have sung the song. It seems that the years 1949-1954 are not well covered in either book, so I'm left wondering what show Ruby sang this song on.
I suppose the song was copyrighted a few years before Ruby sang it, so I assume she sang it on "Quite Contrary" in 1954.
Does anyone really know on which show Ruby sang this song?

Cheers. Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ralph,

The song copy is going to be a fascinating topic for quite a while on the website I guess. If we start by using a process of elimination,-

It was before I met Ruby in 1957. Ruby appeared on 'Quite Contrary' in 1954. It was never a song that she recorded which seems to me to suggest it was before her recording contract with Columbia which was late 1954. That points to mid '54. The photo is a very early one, prior to her huge T.V. success. Would anyone care to join in the debate and challenge any of my suggestions. I'll place the time as being mid to late '54. during the T.V. series??????? Any takers??? - Hello Brian,

Adios Amigos. Bernie.