Article in "Irish Post", 10th February 2007

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Article in "Irish Post", 10th February 2007

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

A very nice centre-spread article appeared on 10th February 2007 in the newpaper "Irish Post". Martin Foster kindly sent it to me, and I have scanned it and placed it in the Library under "Miscellaneous Images".

The Irish Post is a full size paper (not tabloid) and so the actual centre pages themselves are quite large, needing four runs through my scanner to get it all together. As a result, the print is somewhat small. So I have included in the library two further scans of each page (called left and right) in the hope that these will allow you to read the print. I am not sure what screen resolution people are using these days, but I have tried to cater for the older and larger format of 800 x 600 pixels. You may have to scroll down, but should not have to scroll across.

The article is very nicely put together, although there are one or two inaccuracies as always seems to be the case. But I also recognise some words that I have written for this website, so it would appear that the researchers have looked in here at some stage!

I am sure Martin would appreciate seeing your own comments on this article. I would just add my thanks to Martin for making it available for us - it is always good to see Ruby's name mentioned in today's press.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for putting this in the library for me. You have done agood job. I can only just about scan a photograph so I would never have figured out how to do the centre pages of a newspaper.
:D

It is a shame about the incorrect items but as you say it is often the case in these articles and at least they have referred to this website which is always good.

Thanks again and best wishes to everyone else.

Martin. :)

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Gerald & Martin, thank you both for making it possible for us all to read the newspaper article, even though they did not get it quite right. I wonder who fault that was the newspaper or Ronnie Carrol ?
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

It is always great to have a such a huge spread in the press about Ruby and it's always welcome but I sometimes despair when I read their facts. As I have said to Gerald, most of the time, whoever it is that is writing the piece, they are repeating what they have read elsewhere and if the facts are wrong they simply repeat them and never bother to check for correctness. Still, having such coverage on Ruby after all the years is wonderful.

I would love to get in contact with Ronnie Carrol, I haven't seen him since he was touring with 'Hollywood Doubles' in 19&%$£. I must look on the internet and try to find some information on him.

Adios Amigos. Bernie