Ruby's Birthday

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
John Harris

Ruby's Birthday

Post by John Harris »

Remembering Ruby on her Birthday, and the super day we had in Belfast a year ago today. Kindest regards to all, John H. (Norfolk).

rbl.ca

RUBY'S BIRTHDAY

Post by rbl.ca »

Hello, John & all other fans of Ruby.

It's still March 29 over here, and I've been thinking a lot about Ruby today.
I made a trip last weekend to see my daughter, her husband and my 7-week old granddaughter in Ottawa, and got the opportunity to tell two old friends (one from the Yukon and one from Wales) about Ruby and her wonderful songs. I think I've convinced both of them to become Ruby fans, and to buy some CDs.

I wish I could wish Ruby "Happy Birthday" on this day, which should have been her 72nd birthday.
Best wishes to all.
Ralph

guider

March 30th

Post by guider »

It's quite a day for me, being Ruby's Birthday, my Wedding Anniversary and the Anniversary of losing my beloved Grandfather,....I'm sure she will be "Up there" looking down on us and hearing all the Birthday wishes sent to her.
Best wishes
Betty

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

This year my son Tim acted for me and carried out the annual ritual for Ruby's birthday. He placed a single red rose with the usual message on it "...No Matter What"
He also made sure that the entire site was tidy and clean then took a host of photographs of the setting.

I have asked him to select one or two and send them to Gerald with the reqest that he might consider uploading one, or both, onto the website. I always like to confer with Gerald about what is placed on the website, for fear that it might cause some of our friends to become upset so I will abide by what he decides.

I have yet to discover who it is that regularly attends the site to place flowers, whoever it is has my heartfelt thanks and gratitude for their kindness, it is very much appreciated.

Adios Amigos. Bernie,

Gerald Lawrence

Ruby's Memorial Stone

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have just placed in the Library, under Pictures, one of the photographs I have just received from Bernie, taken by Tim Murray. It shows very clearly the lovely words inscribed on the memorial stone, and I must say how extremely clean and tidy everything looks for the anniversary of Ruby's birthday.

The flowers, the single red rose, and this website also help to show that Ruby is not forgotten by her Family, Friends, and the fans she attracted over the years during which she entertained us.

May she live long in our memories.
Gerald