Dutton Vocalion CD Sale

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Dutton Vocalion CD Sale

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

This is to alert you to the fact that the CD entitled "Five Fabulous Females" on which four of Ruby's EMI tracks appears is currently on sale at Dutton Vocalion for £2.99. This could mean that it may be going out of print shortly, so if you do not have this CD, then I suggest you buy it now.

The strategy which I followed when choosing tracks for the Golden Anniversary edition from EMI was to assume that as this CD was available there was no need to include its four tracks on the Anthology, thus making space for some others.

Follow this link to the Vocalion CD website, where you can purchase if you wish:
http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddet ... 48&cat=393

The list is wrong of course, the recording of "Softly, Softly" sometimes known as the upbeat version, is by our Ruby, not Marion Ryan.

I don't know if anyone is looking in here these days, it seems to be very quiet.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Gerald,

Yes I noticed that the price of that CD has been reduced. There are some good tracks on there so it is a shame if it is being withdrawn. Also very good point about the missing tracks from the anthology another reason to buy this release!

Best wishes to everyone.

Martin.

Hope the website will liven up again soon as it has been quiet for the past couple of weeks!