It's the Irish in Me

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Jk

It's the Irish in Me

Post by Jk »

It now looks like they have released the CD "It's the Irish in Me", it was advertised in yesterday Mirror "Saturday", with full track listing.

It's The Irish In Me (1xCD)
Released: April 4, 2005

Tracks
When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
Doonaree
Mountains Of Mourne
Forty Shades Of Green
How Can You Buy Killarney
It's The Irish In Me
With Me Shillelagh Under Me Arm
Danny Boy
It's A Great Day For The Irish
Let Him Go Let Him Tarry
If You're Irish Come Into The Parlour
Old Pig Sty
Phil The Fluters Ball
Trottin' To The Fair
Cockles And Mussels
Galway Bay
Mick Mcgilligan's Ball
Miss O'Leary's Irish Fruit Cake
Humour Is On Me Now
Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral
At Finnigan's Ball
A Little Bit Of Heaven
Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms
Old Lammas Fair
Hannigan's Hooley
Kellys
Dear Old Donegal
Courtin' In The Kitchen
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

'It's The Irish In Me'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John.

Thanks for the information on this additional CD. Good news for the fans. I must say that I am completely bewildered by it. I was told by a contact at EMI that it was a mistake and that it should not have gone on to the internet via Amazon and that it should be stopped.

My one concern is that it might detract from sales of the 'Golden Anniversary Release.' Whatever possibilities there might have been for the 4CD boxed set of becoming a really big success in sales may be curtailed. On the other hand it may not effect sales at all and go on to sell well itself.
However, let us all enjoy yet another list of CD quality tracks.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have just spotted this CD for sale on Ebay, with a location in USA, so perhaps it has been released there.
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I had a telephone call the other day from a lady fan who lives in Orkney, and she told me that her husband has tried to order this mysterious CD and was told it is only on sale in Ireland! Whether this is Northern Ireland or the Republic she did not know, but she has friends in both areas, and is going to ask them to attempt to get hold of a copy. I will let you know if I hear any more on this.

It is still for sale on Amazon.co.uk but of course, it does not give us any more songs from the EMI collection that you can't get from combinations of other CD releases from that label. Nice picture, though!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

It's The Irish In Me- CD

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends/Fans,

I agree with Gerald, the release of the new Irish CD is good news for the fans, but I still have doubts about the wisdom of having two CDs on sale at the same time and I worry that sales of the Anniversary CD with be some what curtailed by it. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Adios Amigos. Bernie