The Burtey Fen Collection

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

The Burtey Fen Collection

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I was in Lincolnshire for a few days, and made contact with Mark Willerton (who posts here occasionally, and has sent us valuable contributions to our Library) to pay a visit to see the Burtey Fen Collection. This is a unique privately owned Music Hall (built a few years ago) and the collection centres around three large organs. Here is a link to their website - http://www.burteyfen.co.uk/

The collection also houses lots of music memorabilia from the 50s and the 60s (you can see it in the photographs on their website placed all round the walls of every room!) and this was the part that interested me the most. Naturally Ruby features there. Click on the link above to find out more details.

Thank you Mark for making me most welcome!
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

What a great interesitng site!

Mark

Burtey Fen, Lincolnshire.

Post by Mark »

It was great to meet you at last Gerald !

To others who may not have heard of this place, hidden in the fens ( Gerald will vouch he found it difficult to find!), we have a display here for Ruby with signed sheetmusic, album covers and pictures - plus various other references to Ruby around the building and most of her original recordings on 78 / vinyl.

I've found that Ruby's own warm and sincere character reflects in her friends and fans ... if any of you are ever in the area - do look me up for a coffee - e.mail me first via the site.

Mark