A 'Teaser' from Geneva

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

A 'Teaser' from Geneva

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Whilst Gerald is away on a Highland trip he is unable to delegate the next 'Teaser' so it's irresistable for me to sneak in with another 'Teaser', this time from Geneva.

In which of Ruby's recorded songs does she have a connectin with a bowler hat?

Best wishes to you all.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Seeing as there has been no instant response, I guess there is some head scracthing going on. I will shed a little more limelight the next time I log on. I felt sure that I would have been tumbled early with this 'Teaser'.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

When I saw that there was still no replies to the 'Teaser' I raised my eyebrows and could have eaten my big boots, I was so sure that this was going to be solved quickly.

Keep a lookout for any clues that may appear along the way. Being in Switzerland is a clue in itself. You don't have to be a big star to figure this one out.

Now we should have some replies?????

Adios Amigos. Bernie

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Bernie, hope you are having a great time. Well you came up with quite a good one this time, so hear goes.

Kathleen and myself think it is "Smile" from the film Modern Times with Charlie Chaplain, hence the clues, bowler hat, big boots, raised eyebrows, and reference to limelight.
Regards
John.

rbl.ca

Brilliant

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, John.
I don't know if you are correct (according to Bernie), but I think your answer is absolutely brilliant. I hope Bernie awards you & Kathleen a Platinum Star.

Best wishes.
Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Bulls Eye John, well thought out. Go straight to the top of the class.Your colllection of gold stars increases yet again. You were 99% correct, the film was 'LIMELIGHT' not 'Modern Times

For those friends who missed the clues, here they are . -

Connection with a bowler hat, -"I raised my eyebrows" " I could have eaten my big boots,"
"I will shed some more limelight" "You don't have to be a Big Star" and Switzerland"

Please don't let Gerald know that I sneaked in with another 'Teaser'

Jk

Post by Jk »

Sorry Bernie, you are wrong, "Smile" was from Modern Times, and“Eternally”was the song from Limelight.
In the final scene of Modern Times Charlie and the gamine set off down the road to a new life. When they get up off the grass verge to go, he pauses and points to the corners of his mouth, indicating that she should smile.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

I think perhaps we had better check with someone who has a song copy of 'Smile' to find out which film it was featured in John. I see that Gerald is back from his 'Roaming in the Gloaming, with a lassie by his side', I feel sure he will know the answer.

Over to you Gerald.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello all, yes I am back now - and so is my computer! It decided to take a rather bad turn for the worse just three days before we went away, leaving me without any way of keeping in touch.

It has taken me several days to get back to where I was when it died, and as a result I have rather a lot of work waiting for me. So regretfully I must resign from the position of Teaser Manager with immediate effect, and I may also be away from this site again while I catch up.

However, I did find the following by Googling:
'Smile'
Charlie Chaplin's Theme Music for 'Modern Times' - 1936
Lyrics by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons - 1954

Kind regards,
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I stand corrected John, back to 100% Being away from my computer is more of a problem than I thought.

I hope that the 'Teaser' caused a little interest.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Bernie, I am happy now I have got my other 1%. It must have caused quite a stir, on Friday we had 59 guest on at the same time, I was watching all day and it was up and down like a yo yo. It started after I had rang a few friends in the media to try and confirm, what I already new about the teaser. Anyhow I did enjoy the bit of banter we had, Kathleen was going mad because we had not got the 100%.

Thanks also to Ralph for is earlier comments.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John,

I did notice that the viewing 'guest' figure had increased but I didn't see the 50+ figure that you mention. If only a few of them would take the time to register and perhaps post a message, it would be great.

Since Gerald's return from his Highlands trip he has run into a huge pile of work, most of which is centred around his computer. He says he is so busy he is unable to devote the time to delegate 'Teaser' posters so I will
deputize for the time being. Perhaps I might start by asking if anyone would like to think up a 'Teaser' and post one? It does create a lot of interest and keeps the website moving along.

Any takers amongst you 'Friends?'

Adios Amigos, Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

As yet there are no takers regarding posting a 'Teaser'. Whilst I wait I will put my thinking cap on and see whether I can come up with one that will really be a Teaser.

The lines are open for volunteers in the meantime.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

It would be nice if we could get one of our Lady Members to set a teaser. I know Kathleen from Ireland looks in a lot, so come on lets see what you can do, I'm sure with your mothers knowledge of Ruby you could find something. :roll:
Regards
John.