Testing 'Teaser'

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Testing 'Teaser'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Amigos,

No sign of a taker - so ...

In which of Ruby's songs does she give advance warning of a possible catastrophic rapid deflation.

An easy one this time Friends.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I expected one or two of the regular 'Teaser' solvers to have rumbled this one and come up straight away with answers on their first hit but as yet no replies but I will wait a while longer before giving any clues.

I will be flying to England at the end of the month to visit Tim but I will be able to keep an eye on the website from Tim's home. If anyone happens to be in the west country in the first two weeks in August, send me an email and maybe we can meet up.

I send my best wishes to everyone from here in Geneva.

Happy viewing, Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Instrumentation plays a significant role in the arrangement of this recording and it's important to listen to what they say.

Catch my drift?

Adios Amigos. Bernie

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie, hi everybody,

Is it "Keep smiling at trouble" when the bubbles and troubles all go away (ie, deflate)?

Martin. :lol:

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Good one, Martin, but my choice is "Heartbeat".

"They say when a heart beats too wildly, it breaks like a toy balloon".

The instrumentation clue would be "pounding, pounding like a drum".

Even if this is not the right one, it has reminded me of when the record was getting lots of airplay on the BBC, and one lady compère (I think that should be commère) (it might have been Jean Metcalfe, of "Family Favourites") remarked that she thought the lyrics were quite strange and most unusual - she had heard "it breaks like a tired balloon"!

This was in fact the first record of Ruby's that I ever bought. I only had a wind-up acoustic gramophone at that time, and I can remember getting home from school and playing it every evening. I still have it.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Gold star to Gerald.

I gave as clues. - Rapid delfation, - "first hit" - "They say" - I hinted at the heartbeat in the rythmn section.

The lyric goes ..." They say when a heart beats too wildly that it breaks like a toy balloon ..... Compered to what........

Well done Gerald, join J.K. at the top of the class.

More annon. Regards to all 'Teaser' solvers