A 'Gotcha' Teaser

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

A 'Gotcha' Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

Still no-one has come forward to take control of the 'Teasers' so I will post another one myself.

In the lyric of one of Ruby's songs, what happened to bring to an end a period of abstinence?

This should definitely be a 'Gotcha'

Adios Amigos Bernie.

P.S. I need to use the 'edit' button so that I can make it clear that the abstinence is from Alcohol. On previous 'Teasers' I have posted clues rather early but as this looks like being a 'Gotcha' I need to be strict.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

Time for a clue, - (I have already given one very small clue,) here are another couple.-

It applies to more than one person.

There is no intstrumental introduction to the track

That is 3 clues up to now but I won't give too much away this time.

Happy listening Friends. Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Bernie, are you back home now? OK about this teaser, I think it could be "Finnigan's Ball" We were strict teetotal one and all till the corks came out at Finnigan's Ball. Fingers Crossed for another gold star.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello John.

It's me that has been 'Gotchered'. Well done John- like a true champion. I have ordered some new gold stars and when they come in I will forward your winning gold star.

The answer of course was. - The cork came out. (at FINNIGAN'S BALL)

My first little clue was that I was going to be STRICT, the second was reference to more than one person i.e. 'They were strict teetotal one and all...... The third narrowed the choice down because only a few tracks start with vocal only.

I am still surprized at how fast John solved the question. Let's hear it for John......Applause Applause, Applause.

The answer to your question to me is - Yes, I am home, but I return to Geneva on the 29th and on September 12th. Antoinette and I are taking a small tour of the highlands of Scotland because I'd like her to see the Isle of Skye, if the weather and the midges will allow.

Any volunteers for posting the next 'Teaser'?

Adios Amigos. Bernie.