Another teaser.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
GS

Another teaser.

Post by GS »

In the early days Ruby had a favorite song that she sang for Bernie, also one that was for her Dad, name the two songs.

Bernie Burgess

Re: Another Teaser

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello GS.

I'm not sure whether I qualify to answer, but here goes anyway.

Ruby sang Mr. Wonderful to me on stage when we did a double sequence, is that what you are referring to? Could the second one be 'Dear Daddy"?

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

GS

Post by GS »

one right bernie,one to go, (you note I said early days)

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Although I am sure Ruby loved her father like a good daughter, apart from "Dear Daddy" the words of most of her other love songs are more suited to a (potential) partner. So, I am wondering if it was one of the songs about a place in Ireland that held a bond between them? If so, I would need another clue!

By the way, could you be persuaded to let us know who you are - GS is just a bit impersonal and this is a very friendly fan club. As long as you don't give your e-mail address you should not get pestered by outsiders. Thanks for joining us, anyway, whoever you are!

I have just seen that on another message you have signed yourself as George, so forget the above, and welcome George.
Gerald

GS

Post by GS »

Hi Gerald,
I am Ruby's nephew, my brother Ken is the mystery man in the photo section, my mother was Ruby's sister Pat and as for another clue, my grandfather was known as Big Dan(Ruby's Father).
Regards George.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

GS wrote:Hi Gerald,
I am Ruby's nephew, my brother Ken is the mystery man in the photo section, my mother was Ruby's sister Pat and as for another clue, my grandfather was known as Big Dan(Ruby's Father).
Regards George.
Thank you for that information, George, and I do hope you and your family like what you see here. Many of us were growing up as teenagers during your Aunt's "reign" of the charts, and we all thought she was the most fantastic singer ever. Nevertheless, it is good to see that this website has also attracted some younger people who appreciate Ruby's good singing.

Regarding the clue, you are leading me to conclude on "Danny Boy" but maybe it is a red herring!
Gerald

GS

Post by GS »

Hi Gerald,
I can honestly say I have been a LIFELONG fan, I was 3years old when Ruby had the Big 5, all I remember is Ruby singing 24/7 in our house. It was not a red herring, Danny Boy was my Grandad's song and for a time Bernie was Mr Wonderful, thats why I said early days, sorry about that Bernie.
Regards George.

Bernie Burgess

Mr. Wonderful,

Post by Bernie Burgess »

So few people know the intimate details of our marriage, in particular what 'our song' was George, but hopefully one day they will be able to read all about it.

Adios Amigo, Bernie.

GS

Mr Wonderful.

Post by GS »

Hi Bernie,
I think at the time Ruby sang that song, everyone knew it was for you, I just have to say though , in the photo section when I looked through it I would have said it was our Tim with Ruby, you could never deny him, side by side you would have passed for twins.
Regards George.