A Tough Test Of 10 Tuneful Teasers.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
rbl.ca

No. 4

Post by rbl.ca »

OK, Bernie.
I have an idea. I'm not going to listen to the song again to see if my hunch is right, but from your clue about needing sharp hearing, I'm going to go with "The Kellys".

I anticipate being shot down.

Best regards.
Ralph
PS Good work on #2, Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ralph,

I haven't listened to 'The Kellys' for some considerable time but I am going to shoot you down Ralph because it isn't the song in question.

When I said you had to have sharp hearing for this one, I wanted to make sure someone other than myself would hear it easily, so I telephoned a friend and he confirmed that he heard it okay, even though it is rather rapid, which reassured me that it is easily audible.

I feel a trifle smug because this one is rather cute and up to now, everyone seems to be looking in the wrong place.

I was hoping that Graham would pick it up, that is if he is not still clinging on to the window sill, his knuckles must be white by now.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Bernie,

Is the very last one..........Nora Malone

Your Barney Karney from Kilarney.

Will sleep tonight

Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Helo Graham,

Well done indeed, that completes the 10.

So by me using the TELEPHONE to speak to my friend I gave the game away on the final one? But.....

I knew that you would - PICK IT UP

The song is NORA MALONE.

The line is 'Hear all the blarney from your Barney Karney from Killarney'
As a matter of interest Ruby actually sings Barney..Barney from Killarney the first twice through, but she changes it the last time through. Don't ask me why.

To tidy the whole thing up I will attempt to break into the original posting of the 10 questions and try to place the answers in. What a pity that so many people view the Teasers but choose not to register and take part.

Seeing as you solved the majority I will send you some gold stars by email, together with my congratulations.

I think we should devise a Christmas Teaser but for the time being we should give them a break.

Best wishes to you and all the Friends/Fans,

Adios AMigo. Bernie