Meet me on the corner

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
David James

Meet me on the corner

Post by David James »

I am sure I heard Ruby Murray on record singing Meet me on the corner, I think in 1955, but can find no recording or even reference.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello David,

Firstly, let me welcome you to the Ruby Murray website. I daresay that you will have heard from one of our friends, (J.K.) already, he usually sends a greeting to all new members.

Regarding your question about a certain song that Ruby recorded, is it possible that you might be thinking about a song that Ruby recorded in the late 50s called - 'I'll Walk the Rest of the Way?' The lyric includes these lines.

You'd better go no further, he''ll recognize your car
And then there'll be the devil to pay,
LET ME OFF AT THE CORNER LOVER
I'LL WALK THE REST OF THE WAY.

This is the closest that I can get to your question but there are so many well informed members that I am sure that if there is another song that might be close to the one that you are thinking off, one of them will probably come up with the answer.

I hope that you will have had a good look around the website, there is a wealth of very interesting data to be enjoyed. Seeing as you have taken the step of registering, why not post another message giving the members a little insight about yourself and whether you either met Ruby or perhaps saw her performing in either a theatre or in cabaret. You might even like to exchange other topics of discussion, I am sure that you will get a good response.

I send you my very best wishes and those of the members.

Adios Amigo. Bernie (Burgess)