Which song is on which CD?

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Which song is on which CD?

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Friends, I have just uploaded to the Library a Word document listing all of Ruby's recorded songs, in alphabetical order. Each one has the Release Sequence Number and an indication of which currently available CD (or in some cases CDs) the song can be found on. I have placed it in the Lyrics section, along with the other Word documents that I made some time ago. This is because the only places for .doc documents in the Library are the sections called Lyrics or Stories. The following link will take you straight to the document - http://www.rubymurray.org/cgi-bin/libra ... oad&id=358

The current catalogue is very impressive, and I am sure you need no urging from me to buy these CDs while they are still available. The only omission now is the Philips catalogue. While they did a few years ago put out a CD called "Reflections: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" with 20 songs from their catalogue, this has been out of print for some years now. There are also another 8 songs in the Philips catalogue that have never appeared on CD. For completion, I have included all 28 of these Philips recordings in the list.

Do please let me know if you find any errors in my listing.
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I had to go to London for a couple of days, and found time to pop into the massive HMV shop in Oxford Street. It was very nice to see that the slot on the shelves accorded to Ruby contained the Golden Anniversary Collection, Change Your Mind, and The Magic of Ruby Murray. There was no sign of the other CDs, but I am sure that for the moment they are all still available.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Gerald's siting.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Other than Gerald's siting in the H.M.V. record shop of the new boxed set, has anyone else seen, or heard, anything about the newly released CDs?

Has anyone had a response to a request that they might have submitted?

As I have explained previously, due to the large number of record releases that come out each week, airtime is very restricted. A priority system then comes into play and the 'hot favourites' are allocated the available airtime. Our best way of getting the CD aired would be to concentrate on local radio stations with requests. If you include an interesting story with your request it enhances the possiblility of it getting played. Perhaps if enough requests get accepted the national stations might pick up on it and we can 'come in through the back door' as they say. Other than that, there are programmes that specialize in either a
particular artiste or a particular era.

Brian Henson has some good ideas on this subject, I must find out whether he has made the information known to everyone.

Happy listening 'Friends'

Adios Amigos. Bernie.